The Henschel Type 33 is a German multi-purpose truck from the interwar period and World War II. The first copies of this car appeared in 1928, and serial production started shortly after. The Henschel Type 33 was powered - depending on the version - with Henschel or Deutz engines with a maximum power of 65 to 125 HP.
The Henschel Type 33 truck was created in connection with the desire to motorize Reichswhery units, which manifested itself in the mid-1920s. The new vehicle was based on a car sold on the civilian market, but it was adapted to the requirements of a military contractor - primarily by strengthening the structure. In 1929, the truck was approved by the Reichswher and entered production. The Henschel Type 33 turned out to be a successful design: it was primarily characterized by a solid structure, high reliability and a decent load capacity. One of the disadvantages was the limited off-road ability. During the long series production, many variants of this truck were created, for example the Henschel Type 33 B1 (first mass-produced model), Type 33 D1 (model powered by a 100 HP Henschel engine - the most widely produced version) or Type 33 H (model produced by the company Magirus with 125hp engine).
The Krupp L3H163 was a German military truck from the interwar period and World War II. The first prototypes of the vehicle were created in the early 1930s, and serial production continued in the period 1936-1938, ending with the production of about 2,000 copies of this car. The basic version of the car was 7.4 meters long and 2.5 meters wide. The drive was provided by a 6-cylinder 110 HP engine.
In 1928, the Krupp concern presented the first, mass-produced in Germany, civil truck capable of driving off-road with three axles with a 6x4 drive. The car was designated L3H68 and was powered by a 90 HP engine. These cars quickly became part of the Reichswehr and Wehrmacht equipment, and in 1936 they were modified - a new engine with more power was used, the transmission and suspension were significantly improved and the entire structure of the car was strengthened. A new brake system was also considered. The vehicles changed in this way were designated as Krupp L3H163. They were used in the German army for various purposes and have several specialized versions. They took part in the fighting in Poland (1939), France (1940) and in the initial period of the fighting in the USSR (1941-1942).